Saturday, June 11, 2011

Heading Down Under

After my first European vacation in November of 2008 , I came back to work and learned that we had a secondment program and was beyond excited.  It is a program in which you can work for one of our overseas affiliates for up to three months.  I immediately applied and hoped to get this amazing opportunity.  With the ups and downs of the economy nothing ever panned out with the program.  But I had my heart set on this so I always periodically followed up with the program coordinator in hopes of getting myself to Europe or Australia to work. Since nothing seemed to be working I occupied myself with various two week vacations to Europe.

In August of 2010, we became affiliated with another overseas firm and their secondment program seemed to be much more active than ours.   I began inquiring of overseas opportunities immediately. In March of 2011, the application came out for the summer 2011 secondment program in Australia.  I applied immediately and landed an interview.  And two days after Easter I found out I was accepted.  I was so incredibly happy and excited.  I had to keep the exciting news quite for a few days until all of the logistics were worked out but I was soon able to share the exciting news with everyone.

In a mere 23 days I will be en route to Sydney Australia for an opportunity of a lifetime.

2 comments: