The way that flights worked from Hamilton Island in the Whitsunday's over to Fiji, required a 13 hour layover in Brisbane. So I checked myself into the Brisbane Marriott for free as I cashed in all my Marriott Rewards Points! I was also greeted with such status when I checked in. I got an upgraded room with a river view. They also brought all my luggage up for me to the room and had it waiting for me by the time I got upstairs. It was nice to not have to lug everything around by myself considering I am carrying around 23 kilos of clothes (that's after leaving a bag of about 15 kilos in Sydney and I shipped 20 kilos home - (approximately double the kilos for pounds to those not speaking metric!! haha)). And finally, free Internet - hard to find free Internet these days!
Since I checked in around dinner time, I walked over to South Bank where I had been last weekend to eat at a restaurant that L recommended. It was called Jellyfish and it had stunning sun set views overlooking the bridge and the Brisbane River. I also ate one of L's favorite dishes - Moerton Bay Bugs. They are basically baby like lobster tasting fish - absolutely delicious - despite the name Bugs!
After dinner I came back to the hotel for an early night as I was getting picked up very early the next morning to make my way over to Fiji!
No comments:
Post a Comment